How to Make Your Child Friends With the Floss2 min read
The most important thing for the health of our teeth is their proper hygiene and a regular check ups with the family dentist. These habits are formed in our childhood, and our parents are responsible for that. Their example plays an important role in our awareness of the proper healthcare necessity. When we become parents too, it is essential to teach our children to care about their teeth properly.
Among the well known rule about two minutes of teeth brushing, it is also important to clean the areas that are hard to reach with a toothbrush. Floss copes with this task quite successfully. However, many parents ignore teaching their children how to floss their teeth. This mistake may cost them their healthy teeth in future.
At the beginning, children are not very fond of flosses. This often makes their parents give up the idea of maintaining a habit to floss their teeth. But the future health of your children’s teeth is worth a little more patience and persistence. The specialists at Broadway Family Dental clinic will help you to get your child acquainted with flossing using these small tips.
- The earlier you show your children a floss and show how to use it, the earlier they will learn. They will remember it as an essential attribute of the oral hygiene.
- Show your child visual proofs that floss is necessary. Children perceive everything better with visual explanations. Show them the pictures of teeth damaged by decay and explain that it happens because of poor hygiene. This will help them understand the sense of flossing teeth.
- Choose the most convenient variant for a child’s small hands. Consult your pediatric dentist for choosing the best option together. The convenience of usage is a very important factor when you teach your children anything.
- Let a child choose the device. This will show your respect and serious treatment. A child will be proud to floss their teeth with the floss their parents let him or her to choose “like adults do”.
- Be a good example yourself. Everything you do, good or bad, your children take as an example, may you want it or not. So try to be the best one, and this concerns not only teeth flossing.
In what age should the flossing begin? Soon as your child has first teeth that stand in a row. As soon as the first gap between the teeth appears, they require a proper hygiene. Take care of your children’s oral health and they will be thanking you for this throughout their entire life.